Sign in to follow this  
cctvnewbie

Geovision Gv800 16 in Australia...

G'day as you can see from my user id I am new to this scene, (but not new to computers and technology)...

I have posted to ask your help.

I have been reading the forum posts for a few days. I have pretty much set my mind on a Geovision GV800, it's for home use but I do like quality toys

My question is this : What is the best (read cheapest) place to buy a GV800 16 channel from (pref. in Australia)?

I know support and backup etc etc is important, but after 20 years in IT I can learn all that myself...what I want is a genuine card (not a cheap knockoff the only runs v6) but I do not want to pay moree than I need to.

I have read on the forums the at some here do not like Geovision's distribution model, but now, i want to take advantage of that and get the best deal for me and I'd like to buy from and Ausie dealer in doing it.

Can anyone here help?

The current alternative looks like an e-bay deal from US or UK at about $400AUD - $450AUD.

Anyone in Aus match or better this?

Thanks and apologies that my first post is asking this, you guys are the experts though

Andrew[/u]

There is probably someone in this forum from Australia that can help you. You might even be able to buy one from them, especially since you probably get more support than you would by buying by lowest price. I personally would avoid Ebay, seems several people have had bad experiences with products sold there.

And there doesn’t seem to be much sympathy for people who buy stuff from Ebay and then come asking questions here. If you are just looking for the lowest price and don’t care about any support use Google and you will find a good price. Just don’t be surprised when you have a problem and you can’t get any response from the person you bought it from.

GV800 with 16 cameras? I would move up 1 step and get the 900 so you get 240fps. But then thats just me I would also look at the 1480 combo card one time as it has a DSP output for a TV or CCTV Monitor, and its a Real Time card. But the 900 would still be better than the 800, for 16 cameras. For 8 cameras the 800 is fine, just since we are dealing with PC cards may as well get them for what they are made more, speed.

Stay away from Ebay, there are soo many Geo dealers on here that can help you.

If if is cheap you are looking for, but you still want a solid card, check out the I-view card, it has much less features than Geo, but half the price, solid card software and hardware is stable. I would personally put the cash out on the Geo myself over the Iview though to get the extra features, but its up to you.

Rory