bigzee110

Can't connect using DMMultiview

Hi,

I've been using DMMultiview on my laptop for over two months and have not had an issue connecting. Yesterday when I was trying to connect from my laptop at home to view my business, I got an error that said unable to connect. I checked my internet connection at home and my business (using logmein) and both worked fine. Then I tried connecting using a different computer in my house and it worked instantly so the issue is something with the laptop that I am using. This was working before but it is not letting me connect now. Any help in resolving this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

I've been using DMMultiview on my laptop for over two months and have not had an issue connecting. Yesterday when I was trying to connect from my laptop at home to view my business, I got an error that said unable to connect. I checked my internet connection at home and my business (using logmein) and both worked fine. Then I tried connecting using a different computer in my house and it worked instantly so the issue is something with the laptop that I am using. This was working before but it is not letting me connect now. Any help in resolving this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

i have been having issues with dmmultiview as well, i even created a post in this forum.

my issue was that it didnt let me auto connect to site 2 if i initially launched multiview with site 1 credentials.

-all my sites have the same creds

-for the past 3 years i never had any issues, just started in the last 6 months.

-the odd thing is that if i close multiview and reconnect with the site that it wasnt allowing my to link from within the program (giving me the authentication error) it works just fine.

-i have never updated my software, so i cant blame it to anything that is buggy/beta software

-i also tried reinstalling the program, it worked for a few logins and then it came back to the same errors

not trying to hijack the thread, just giving some information.

have you checked the server/login settings to make sure there were no typos?

i know this is probably very unlikely, but it is a start.

I solved the issue by uninstalling McAfee antivirus that was installed on the computer. I figured it had something to do with the firewall settings but I couldn't figure out exactly what it was. Once it was uninstalled, I went back to default settings with windows firewall and the program started working.

Tomdlgns sorry to hear about your issue. I'm not much of an expert in the area but if I were you, I would try disabling additional antivirus software you have on your machine except for default windows. It worked for me and maybe it will work you too. Good luck!

I solved the issue by uninstalling McAfee antivirus that was installed on the computer. I figured it had something to do with the firewall settings but I couldn't figure out exactly what it was. Once it was uninstalled, I went back to default settings with windows firewall and the program started working.

Tomdlgns sorry to hear about your issue. I'm not much of an expert in the area but if I were you, I would try disabling additional antivirus software you have on your machine except for default windows. It worked for me and maybe it will work you too. Good luck!

yeah, that makes sense (your issue) there was a layer of security not allowing the program to connect.

my issue isnt a/v related. it isnt really a big deal, we are phasing out GeoVision and it isnt a huge deal to close the program and connect to another site from the drop down list. it saves the creds so aside from some extra clicks, not worth it to look into.

glad to hear your issue is resolved.

it isnt really a big deal, we are phasing out GeoVision and it isnt a huge deal to close the program and connect to another site from the drop down list.

Phasing out GeoVision? Great Dastardly Dongles!

What are you phasing into if I can ask?

I do have a DMMultiview connection question as well. Does anyone know what .ini commands are available to add to both multiviewhostinfo.ini and multiviewcustomize.ini?

For instance, when I connect to DMMultiview, I'd like it to remember that I want Resolution displayed on each panel (presently I have to right click on each panel and select it manually per Multiview seesion and that's a pain in the elbow). I'm guessing the multiviewcustomize.ini might have a way to make resolution be listed for all cams, and other nice items.

it isnt really a big deal, we are phasing out GeoVision and it isnt a huge deal to close the program and connect to another site from the drop down list.

Phasing out GeoVision? Great Dastardly Dongles!

What are you phasing into if I can ask?

I do have a DMMultiview connection question as well. Does anyone know what .ini commands are available to add to both multiviewhostinfo.ini and multiviewcustomize.ini?

For instance, when I connect to DMMultiview, I'd like it to remember that I want Resolution displayed on each panel (presently I have to right click on each panel and select it manually per Multiview seesion and that's a pain in the elbow). I'm guessing the multiviewcustomize.ini might have a way to make resolution be listed for all cams, and other nice items.

converting to Exacq Vision

too many things that i cant do in GeoVision.

with exacq i can do the following:

-rapidly deploy the client

-launch multiple instances of the client on my screen (if i have 3 monitors, i can launch the program 3 times and put 1 instance on each monitor and once i do that i can --adjust each monitor to whatever layout i want)

-lock the computer that is recording (cant do this with GV). with Exacq, the 'recording server' runs as a windows service. as long as the computer is on, it is recording. i know you can set GV to auto launch and login or even minimize, but once the computer is locked i have had issues with GV locking up/freezing.

-better options/programs for remote viewing.

-launch multiple instances of the client on my screen (if i have 3 monitors, i can launch the program 3 times and put 1 instance on each monitor and once i do that i can --adjust each monitor to whatever layout i want)

-lock the computer that is recording (cant do this with GV). with Exacq, the 'recording server' runs as a windows service. as long as the computer is on, it is recording. i know you can set GV to auto launch and login or even minimize, but once the computer is locked i have had issues with GV locking up/freezing.

I hear that. Geo and multimonitors still present a challenge after all these years. You should be able to just slide the app around from monitor to monitor. Instead you have to run that little app (DMPos.exe) to move Geo from one monitor to the other.

I've never liked how Geo is locked into their screen layouts with no customization either.

I keep wondering when Geo will improve some things. I should write to them.

I've read a few reviews of Exacqvision Start and it seems impressive. Has there been any in depth reviews comparing it to Geovision?

I hear that. Geo and multimonitors still present a challenge after all these years. You should be able to just slide the app around from monitor to monitor. Instead you have to run that little app (DMPos.exe) to move Geo from one monitor to the other.

I've never liked how Geo is locked into their screen layouts with no customization either.

I keep wondering when Geo will improve some things. I should write to them.

I've read a few reviews of Exacqvision Start and it seems impressive. Has there been any in depth reviews comparing it to Geovision?

comparing it to GeoVision, i cant say i know of any. personally, i dont even have geovision and exacq on the same level. i am not calling myself an expert with GeoVision or Exacq, but i feel that i know more about exacq and i have only been using it for a fraction of the time. both are PC based and both have hybrid servers available, but something about exacq clicked for me. alot of the integrators i have worked with have never heard of geovision, and i know that doesnt always mean anything, but it isnt even on their radar.