Bear

existing system

i have taken over a new shop there is a complete cctv system set up that i believe was able to be accessed remotely. How can i find the address to log into the system. please

Hello Bear, welcome to cctvforum.com. Please look at the DVR and see if you can figure out a make and model.

Does your shop have active internet? Is there a cable connected from your DVR to your modem/router?

thanks for reply sorry for delay. i have realised the internet line is disconnected so that is the first thing i will have to do I guess. the brand is a NEO

thanks for reply sorry for delay. i have realized the internet line is disconnected so that is the first thing i will have to do I guess. the brand is a NEO

Regardless of brand and model, there are several ways you can look up the DVR's IP address:

1. Access the menu and find the network information. Here you should see DVR's IP address and the ports that it needs to have opened. You need to also find the DDNS lookup information if the DVR uses DDNS server.

2. Access the router and verify the DVR's IP address. You can also verify which ports have been forwarded.

3. www.whatismyip.com and then find out what your IP is, or use the DDNS connection information to connect to the DVR.

Good luck!