two89w

Camera ir

I have an external dome camera that has 860nm on board ir. it can be turned off if required.

Is there anyway to know if my camera will be able to use the invisible to the eye 940nm ir? I dont want to buy one to find out it won't work.

I have an external dome camera that has 860nm on board ir. it can be turned off if required.

Is there anyway to know if my camera will be able to use the invisible to the eye 940nm ir? I dont want to buy one to find out it won't work.

hi. yes it will work. but a lot of expence to end up with a much less IR lighting.

say your current camera with 860 has a range of 20ft if you change the IR to 940 your range is then down to 8ft

Thanks i will stick with 860. Has any tried one of those chinese ebay illuminators with the 96 leds with an 80m range?

Stick with the 840nm IR LEDs. 940nm are available, but it will reduce the night vision range (IR range) to about 1/3 or 1/4 of 840nm.