Sign in to follow this  
the lemming

Graphic card capture device with video in recommendations?

I have a bog standard video CCTV camera bought from Maplins a year ago which they no longer sell but this is the closest spec to my camera.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/pro-671-professional-all-purpose-600tvl-dome-camera-593884

I also have a SWANN USB card which I use to capture my analogue signals to a laptop via the software that came with the USB device.

http://www.swann.com/s/products/view/?product=497

This all means that my laptop is running 24 hours a day constantly and its 3 years old to start with and I'm betting that this is not good for my laptop.

So, my question is, are there any graphic cards or capture devices that I can put into a desktop computer that will accept 'Video In' for my CCTV camera?

I've yet to decide if I want to build a computer or buy one off the shelf. The computer will only have one dedicated task and that will be to use the CCTV camera and it will do nothing else.

Cheers

Hello

I don't mind paying somewhere between £50 to £100 for a card as long as it does the job.

Are you able to give a link to a site that sells such a card?

cheers

Hi. even if you have an old pc around a good budget card Hybrid. is the aver NV3000 if you have a budget of around £60

Just been looking at the website and I am a bit confused. Anybody able to tell me the difference between the NV3000 and the NV3000 Lite products?

Also these cards are PCI aren't they?

Hi. even if you have an old pc around a good budget card Hybrid. is the aver NV3000 if you have a budget of around £60

Just spoke to Avermedia and they no longer stock those cards.

Any other options would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Just spoke to Avermedia and they no longer stock those cards.

Any other options would be most appreciated.

Cheers

no they dont make it anymore. but still places to buy. and it still has support and software updates. which is why i sent you a link. all avers use the same OSD now.