Have been looking at both the Tamron and Fujinon lenses here for a MegaPixel camera.

Specifically want:

Manual IRIS, Focus, Zoom

Varifocal 2.8-8mm

CS Mount

Aspherical

MegaPixel

and IR

The Fujinon can be bought for around $65 or so, where the Tamron is around $100.

Does anyone have experience with these two Mfg's. MegaPixel lenses, and can tell me which way to go here and why?

Or is there another Mfg. that fits this bill and is $100 or less?

Appreciate the help in selecting a new lens.

Thanks,

Den

Don't know from a cctv perspective, but Fujifilm and it's Fujinon lenses is a respect camera company with cameras and lenses costing thousands. Hasselblad, a very high end professional camera uses lenses made by Fuji on some of it's cameras.

Tamron is a lens company for DSLR cameras as a lower cost alternative to Nikorr or Canon lenses. Don't know many pro's that put Tamron lenses on on their cameras.

So based on brand name alone, I would go Fujinon over Tamron.

If you want an IR corrected lens I would assume your putting it outside? If that's the case why manual Iris?

If it's going inside where the light stays constant I would go with a non IR corrected Manual Iris. Much better picture. And yes Fujinon.

If you want an IR corrected lens I would assume your putting it outside? If that's the case why manual Iris?

If it's going inside where the light stays constant I would go with a non IR corrected Manual Iris. Much better picture. And yes Fujinon.

Yes, outside but reason is camera does not have Auto DC Iris on it.

Thanks guys, FUJINON it will be then.

Den