Brad-Pea

Offsite FTP Storage

Hi All,

Do any of you back up your recorded footage to an offsite location on the web ?

If so, can you advise of any, the cheaper the best. Or even free

I have tried DriveHQ and am quite impressed, but just want too see what everyone else uses before I purchase a subscription.

Thanks.

I use a company called HostPC.com, and I STRONGLY recommend them. I have used them for almost 10 years now and I have zero complaints. Great prices, killer support, and very fast servers. I have 6 websites hosted there and I use the FTP for backup on 4 cameras right now without a hiccup.

There are also a ton of options in their "installatron" that will allow you to build out all kinds of things for a website if you ever decided to do that (forums, blogs, photo sharing, newsletters, shopping carts, etc.)

Wow, message one looks sort of spammy... but here is my recommendation...

I've been using Dreamhost for 7 years now. You get a silly amount of storage space as well as shell access which is very rare these days. Its cheap too. They have a server "event" every year or two knocking things offline for a few hours, people get all sorts of upset about it, but I'm ok with that, I don't want to pay for nine-nine's reliability.

Thanks for the reply. I've had a look at drive HQ and exavault and they both look promising. I like that exavault gives you a 90 day trial !

I will have a look at what you've recommended.

Cheers.

Am I reading it right on Dreamhost whereby you get unlimited storage and bandwidth for $8.95 a month??

Thanks.

Am I reading it right on Dreamhost whereby you get unlimited storage and bandwidth for $8.95 a month??

Thanks.

Its sort of like unlimited with the cable and phone companies. They guarantee you 50 gigs dedicated just for backups. Not sure how they enforce it but I know I haven't been bugged.

And you can get it for less than $8.95 if you look for coupons online.