liriopi1

Exact Power and modulator help

First, thank you for the great threads. A lot of money can be wasted in this industry. I made some decisions based on reading 500 threads and need your help for finalizing.

Purchased 4 cvc-7705dnv, 5 cvc-7706dnv and a Sanyo DSR 3009H600 9ch.

Question: What is the exact Altronix power supply model needed? Runs no longer than 75'. The best way to get all 9 cameras on CATV. I understand to filter out specific channels, use a modulator and split into cable before all TV sets. Where does the DVR come in? Cameras -DVR-Modulator?

For 9 cameras, do I need 2+ mods.?

The CVC-7706 draws 20VA; so use a ALTV2416300UL.

The Sanyo DVR has looping outputs so it's best to connect Cameras -> DVR -> Video Modulator.

And there's the problem. The highest number of channels I've used is four with the 5445. When I have a large number of channels I just run Wireline Ethernet or High Capacity WiFi (A+G) and access the DVR's web view with the user's PC

For the modulator, if the DVR has 2 Main Monitor outputs, then you can just use the 2nd output, and connect that to the input on the modulator, then you will see what the DVR sees on the programmed video channel - eg. 9 camera view. Or you could use the CCTV Monitor output also.

If you need different cameras on different channels, then you will need more than 1 modulator.

If you need Multiple multi views on different channels, then you would need quads or multiplexers and more than 1 modulator.

You only need the filter if you are going to use channels in the local Cable TV range.

You run a coax from the modulator, to where the CableTV is before it splits out to the TVs in the home, there you use the 2 in 1 out splitter (if using 1 modulator) and filter on the output side, if you need it.