How do you enable the PTZ funtion on this encoder? There is no setup for the PTZ protocols and/or any PTZ functions on the Home Video Page. Did I miss something on this? Acti clearly states is is a PTZ controller.

There aren't any controls on the web interface of the encoder itself, it just passes through control data generated by your NVR application.

I have a setup using the ACD-2100, same lack of interface on the web page, but it passes PTZ data from Milestone just fine, once you configure the protocol and baud rate settings in Milestone.

The same setup also uses a ACD-3100 decoder to provide an analog viewing station, and has a Pelco KBD300A keyboard connected to the decoder that controls the same PTZ through the encoder.

yep, I just found that out. Acti could have done better and kept it usable via any PTZ with the software to support. It's an expensive "window" that I can't use. Sending it back.

I use Exacq and it would not allow me to setup a PTZ for that device.

Going to try a M7001 from Axis......

You might want to check with Exacq support, they show that encoder on their supported list, with PTZ control.

Another choice would be Acti's free NVR software, I tried their newest version and it doesn't suck anywhere near as badly as their older versions.

I thought about asking Exaq but I want a plug'n play if I can get it. The details on Exacq and the details are not obvious. ie. it says it works but they don't tell you how. Had a same like issue with a CAM6600 and Exacq...turns out it did work with a specific setting on the camera itself that is not list anywhere and tech support did not know it. I had to climb the pole and play dip swict madness until we got it to work. It does work now............and that secret answer is; Changed it on the PTZ from Dyna to PelD with the same baud setting.