laredocctv

GV800V3 not loading #D drivers, why?

I could have told you, i have a compaq and it has a via, and the geo nor iview would work with it.

You can get an inexpensive mobo around $50 or so to replace the one that came with it, but has to have the same specs, except must be intel or SIS.

I used an MSI Socket 478 Micro ATX mobo last time when i had to switch it.

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=661FM2-LSR&class=mb

but best to get an Intel chipset, SIS was all i could get down here with the specs i needed, Micro ATX size.

you can get a case for the price of the difference...but I understand.

that narrows it down a bit if he wishes to still use the AMD 64.

Thank you!

I have no problem getting an additional case. The important thing is that the motherboard be compatible with GV. The other issue is the preloaded software on the 160 GB HD. Will I have to reload it, or will it magically still work? It's got factory installed XP SP2 and the disks that came with it are only the restore CDs.

Get ahold of a copy of the OS and reformat and reinstall the software using their product code. Then change your installation ID to that of your product code and call to activate it. 5 minutes on the phone with some guy in India (Microsoft) and you will be good to go.

Scottj

Where do I find the copy of the OS? I only got the restore disks with my PC, do I use another CD from another computer?

BTW, the motherboard doesn't have onboard video, what card do I get for that?