alpine0000

Exacq trigger for a garage door opener?

I switched the digital output on the axis camera from normally open to normally grounded. Now, having dip switches 1 and 4 turned off will trigger tha garage when I turn the alarm on via exacqvision (just like it did before), but now, if I unplug the 12v power supply and plug it back it in, it wont trigger the garage (and it did before)

Now I'm just wondering, what happens if my Axis camera loses power as well as the 12v power supply, then comes back on in a power outage? Is the Axis camera output always grounded, even when power is lost? If so, I'm okay. If not, I'm unsure what would happen...

I also wanted to say thanks to hardwired and to the OP. While I knew the exacq side just fine I'd never had to actually use it. With some recent problems at a couple of properties I thought some more and was able to come up with a solution for a fence alarm using my triggers in exacq, and some relays and such from ELK products.

I got the basics working with email alerts and such, and seeing all the info here got me more willing to be experiential lol. More like I finally made the time for it and now I'm working on a timer to trigger a strobe, battery backup and other fun stuff. Waiting on a few more parts to really start building but my basic relay and alarm are working great now.