binbags

elmo esd-cc1 cctv control keyboard

Hi All

Has anyone had dealings with this keyboard controller? I have the manual for the CC1 but the keyboard that I have not 100% the same on the back panel. I have attached a photo of mine and the pdf link for the ESD-CC1. Link:

[http://www.touchboards.com/elmo/pdf/Elmo_ESD-CC1_UserManual.pdf]

date code on mine is :0603-34018, I think this may be June 2003 not sure.

I want to connect it to my VCL/Honeywell Orbiter Domes, I have 2 of these.

Sorry for photo quality, my old age nerves.

Edit:spelling.

1617806695_ElmoESD_CC1Mine.thumb.JPG.06f8bfff9acf65321631feda0cc1c282.JPG

It's easy... Just pls use RS-485 connection and also link to video input.

If your current keyboard is not of same back panel, it might because the supplier was poor in this service to make product and user manual same updated.

Hi

Thanks for that China_Jerry, will hook-up and test later.

Hi

My keyboard controller is now, I am sure made by "Dynacolor" not Elmo, although they do a variation of it.

The manual can be found here

[http://www.kelryan.com/Ness_CCTV_Security_Systems/Ness_Ultimate_keyboard_user_manual_rev2.3.pdf]

it comes in various re-badged boxes as well.

I have connected up D-, D+ and SGN ground. I have set the address switch on the dome to 001 and protocol to Pelco D. Led, D5 on the dome flashes, so some form of data is reaching the dome. By using the setup sequence on the keyboard, you can search for equipment connected via the rs485, but the display comes back with the reply "no response found" I have tried the data lines the other way round, but it is still the same.

Beginning to think the VCL domes are not easy to work with.

Hi

My keyboard controller is now, I am sure made by "Dynacolor" not Elmo, although they do a variation of it.

The manual can be found here

[http://www.kelryan.com/Ness_CCTV_Security_Systems/Ness_Ultimate_keyboard_user_manual_rev2.3.pdf]

it comes in various re-badged boxes as well.

I have connected up D-, D+ and SGN ground. I have set the address switch on the dome to 001 and protocol to Pelco D. Led, D5 on the dome flashes, so some form of data is reaching the dome. By using the setup sequence on the keyboard, you can search for equipment connected via the rs485, but the display comes back with the reply "no response found" I have tried the data lines the other way round, but it is still the same.

Beginning to think the VCL domes are not easy to work with.

Hi Allan, this is my email id: jerry@minking.cc .

Don't know why my lots of replies were removed by moderator...

Yes, I get your PM. Do it! I hope you can finish the problem.

Jerry

Hi

I have just about tried every combination of baud rate, protocol on the keyboard, camera switch settings, address and protocol Pelco-D and -P.

As I said LED D5 on the main PCB of the camera is lighting and flickering with the data pulses. I have used my scope to check the RS485 signals, all seems well. These signals from the keyboard are very similar to the signals from my DVR AVC782 by Avtech; this would not operate the camera as well.

So my conclusion is the two dome cameras that I have are not compatible with either the DVR or the keyboard, which is annoying as both pieces of kit can handle Pelco-D and P, one of the cameras should be at least able to handle this as well.

Both of the dome cameras have the "type" setting 4 way switch on, only one has the "address dil switch" on, making this camera settable from 001 and up, where the latter one is at 001 only.

Help, help, please!!!! One way or the other.

Edit; Attach scope screen shot

PICT0534_2.JPG.aec01c0678559e3c8276bf51b25d03f8.JPG

Hi

I have just about tried every combination of baud rate, protocol on the keyboard, camera switch settings, address and protocol Pelco-D and -P.

As I said LED D5 on the main PCB of the camera is lighting and flickering with the data pulses. I have used my scope to check the RS485 signals, all seems well. These signals from the keyboard are very similar to the signals from my DVR AVC782 by Avtech; this would not operate the camera as well.

So my conclusion is the two dome cameras that I have are not compatible with either the DVR or the keyboard, which is annoying as both pieces of kit can handle Pelco-D and P, one of the cameras should be at least able to handle this as well.

Both of the dome cameras have the "type" setting 4 way switch on, only one has the "address dil switch" on, making this camera settable from 001 and up, where the latter one is at 001 only.

Hi friend, I already reply you via email. Pls check that!

Have a wonderful day!

Hi

Hi friend, I already reply you via email. Pls check that!

Have a wonderful day!

Hi China_jerry

Could you sent that informations also to me ?

I have the same cam and problem. I test at the moment with axix video server but I have also that keyboard controller upstrairs.

thank you !!

Jeroen

ps my d5 led won't blink only on reboot/reset when I change switch 8