Akeid

Adding new camera ( 9-16 not showing up) on GV-800

Hey guys, It my first post here

I'm trying to add 2 new cameras to my existing GV-800 setup. I currently have 8 cameras installed and am trying to add 2 more (all bnc cable cameras). The GV card has 2 VGA slots, one labled 1-8 and the other 9-16. I recently purchased a new blue cattail cable to support the 9-16 slot. I plug in everything correctly but dont see any of the cameras registering on the software.

I go to the add camera/audio settings on the geovision 8.4 software and am not able to check any 9-16 camera option. The limit checkbox wont let me go over 8 either.

The new cameras all work, i tested them with one of the existin 1-8 ports and the new cables as well.

198281_1.png

Thanks for any help guys

Sounds to me like you have a GV800/8 card

only 8 channels...yes i know there is another "VGA style" socket with 9-16 on it but all 8+16 Channel GV cards had this

Open the PC and look at the GV800 card, there will be a chip with a label saying 8 port or 16 port

198364_1.jpg

Wow, that was disappointing. What kind of scheme is it to put the 9-16 vga on the back.

Thanks for your quick response Neutech. So the only way to add the new cameras is to purchase a new card that supports 9-16 CH ?

What kind of scheme is it to put the 9-16 vga on the back.

Simple: a cost-saving scheme. It's cheaper to make two different cards using the same basic hardware (board, connectors, etc.) than to have two different designs.

So the only way to add the new cameras is to purchase a new card that supports 9-16 CH ?

Either a second 8-channel card, or upgrade to a 16-channel card...