EBRDDM4v3

Q-See 4 Channel HD NVR w/ 2 x 720P Cameras

I look forward to seeing what happens in the next few months.

I really hope they release a 16ch with 1080P cams.

Theres a thread in the IP MP sub forum. Their sending out 8 chan units now to those who order the 4chan. Assumming it's just a firmware update.

Hi. I am new here.

I just bought that DVR on Amazon (like new condition for 300). I was hoping to buy cameras separate, maybe cheaper on ebay but now I've read that they may not be compatible?

I'd like to start with one great 1080 camera and then add later when I have more dough, but now I"m reading from this thread that the unit only supports one 1080?

Does that mean one 1080 cam and that's it? Or does it mean 1, 1080 and a combo of others?

Also, what cameras or brands will be compatible with this system?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

That model NVR supports one 1080P camera so it should work but what will you do with the 2 cameras it comes with? The 4 channel NVR supports either 1 1080P or 2 720P or 4 D1. Wait a short time and their new NVR will be out that will support 120FPS of 1080P or 240FPS of 720P.

Hi Buellwinkle,

I am curious to know how you know that you can only use one 1080p camera with the unit? They sell 4 cams with that DVR at Costco 720.

thanks

I got my 4 channel kit at Costco for $599 over a year ago.. and I contacted their sales dept and they have very low chance of selling the qc808 or qc8016 at Costco anytime soon. Which is disappointing because I prefer to buy from costco and all the hardware of the 804 - 808 - 8016 has been confirmed to be the exact same performance, it is nothing more than a software switch that they charge a whole lot more for.. The total FPS is the same on all units.. And they say 30FPS, but often you get about 15FPS even on the main display.. It is really too bad they didn't put a better/faster set of chips in the unit.. Much more is discussed on these threads

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=32554

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=33075

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=33196