griffonsystems

parking lot call box integration with surveillance video

i received a lead from a friend that led me to a parking facility that has outdated equipment that they would like someone to come and fix

i am going onsite on friday but from my conversation today with the guy he said they had call box(stenaphone?) put in 5yrs ago with an analog sureveillance system where when the call box was activated the camera would zoom to that box - now he says that doesnt happen but he wasnt there in the beginning to ever see it working that way

has anyone done any work with this type of system? any recommendations when i get there?

Most of this kind of system is invariably a modded intercom that gives a contact out to a pre-shot on a PTZ or dome when it is used. Perhaps the PTZ or dome was repaired/replaced and the pre-shots need to be re-programed, or the intercom is not giving the contact output anymore.

Sean is right, either the dome or the dvr can have an input, when activated this can make the ptz move to a pre recorded position, so whatever they do to turn it on, you simply open or close the contact and then feed that to PTZ or DVR and set a pre set posiion for it.

Sounds like something is no longer making contact where it was before.

I would check the call box first.

Assuming of course that something wasn't replaced recently and presets are not assigned correctly.

Good luck.