Finally getting around to finish my project and need help. I just bought an LG M3204C monitor to put video in the bedroom. I can use an hdmi extender and a usb extender to have video and control, or direct bnc and usb extender. My question is which would be better? I understand that the hdmi is a better quality picture, but will I notice a difference?

All we will do is monitor from that room.

The run will be around 50-60 ft. The dvr is a Ganz DR16HD. I am looking at a Gefen hdmi cat5 extender with ir and a Gefen usb 1 extender. This way I still can control the dvr remotely.

If anyony has a better suggestion I am interested.

Finally getting around to finish my project and need help. I just bought an LG M3204C monitor to put video in the bedroom. I can use an hdmi extender and a usb extender to have video and control, or direct bnc and usb extender. My question is which would be better? I understand that the hdmi is a better quality picture, but will I notice a difference?

All we will do is monitor from that room.

The run will be around 50-60 ft. The dvr is a Ganz DR16HD. I am looking at a Gefen hdmi cat5 extender with ir and a Gefen usb 1 extender. This way I still can control the dvr remotely.

If anyony has a better suggestion I am interested.

You will notice a HUGE difference between the BNC output vs. HDMI output. Everything's going to be sharper! Go for the HDMI!

I understand the pictures better but is it worth the difference in price for just monitoring with analog cameras.

I guess seeing is believing.

These two pictures were taken from the same DVR, one showing through BNC and the other showing through HDMI.

Up until around 2006, most DVRs used a multiplexer chip and a video output that only could put out 420TVL maximum. However, the introduction of VGA, DVR and consequently HDMI increased the DVR output to 2 megapixel.

You're right about the fact that what difference does it make with analog cameras, but consider the following:

You are looking at an image that's at most 500TVL

vs.

You are looking at an image that's 1080 TVL with upscaled imaged, meaning, your LIVE display will be sharp as heck!

BNC.thumb.jpg.0241b2795b787ccd6a94276341959f70.jpg

HDMI.thumb.jpg.16d90b4c31b02c93ce658df0f1c1b5c1.jpg

So then am I ok using an HDMI ir extender for the video and remote control and then using a USB extender for mouse control in the other room? I can get a GEFEN HDMI IR CAT5 extender for around $150. Then get a USB extender for around less than $100. I guess that both will do what I am trying to do.

So then am I ok using an HDMI ir extender for the video and remote control and then using a USB extender for mouse control in the other room? I can get a GEFEN HDMI IR CAT5 extender for around $150. Then get a USB extender for around less than $100. I guess that both will do what I am trying to do.

I don't know what an HDMI IR is or how it works... The remote control extenders work wonders for the remote controllers, but I don't know about IR extender for HDMI?? How far are the rooms?

At the A/V source end, you connect the HDMI IR CAT-5 Extender Sender unit to your HDMI source and its IR blaster to your devices IR eye using the supplied cables. At the remote end, your HDMI display connects to the HDMI IR Extender's Receiver unit. Two CAT-5 cables connect the Sender and the Receiver units to each other, allowing for up to 300 feet of A/V source extension. Power-cycle all equipment and you will experience remote HDTV extension with full IR control of your HDMI source.

The run will be 50-60 ft.

wd_EXT-HDMIIR-CAT5.jpg.8a8c1f1dfdf323737a9f0c6dc46c1289.jpg

At the A/V source end, you connect the HDMI IR CAT-5 Extender Sender unit to your HDMI source and its IR blaster to your devices IR eye using the supplied cables. At the remote end, your HDMI display connects to the HDMI IR Extender's Receiver unit. Two CAT-5 cables connect the Sender and the Receiver units to each other, allowing for up to 300 feet of A/V source extension. Power-cycle all equipment and you will experience remote HDTV extension with full IR control of your HDMI source.

The run will be 50-60 ft.

Amazing Stuff! Thanks for the info!