Sign in to follow this  
sluggomagoo

Zmodo KDS4-BARBZ4ZN 4 Channel 4 Camera

Hi, I recently decided to purchase a set of Zmodo systems due to a bunch of ongoing shenanigans in my neighborhood. This is my first time venture into the CCTV systems. I purchased them without the SATA HD because I had a couple of 250gig hard drives. I installed both systems to monitor the front, back, and pool area of the house. The first few days was like a science project but, with a little help from Zmodo tech support I was able to work through all the issues with no problems. I don’t know how other systems work but, for the price of $120.00 each I was extremely impressed with the quality and the features with these units. As far as networking goes, I’ve been able to use both DHCP and Static IP addressing (although I did decide to dedicate a static IP address). One unit I have on my 1 gig Ethernet backbone and the other one I have plugged into a wireless router dedicated as a client. Both have excellent throughput. I’ve been able to setup motion detection with filtering, email notifications and I have both systems on my internal network using port forwarding so I can DDNS to both systems with my iphone. I also picked up some dvr quality 1tb Hard Drives and they have been installed. Everything is operating without a glitch! I wish all my installations have gone this easy. I’m going to give it another couple of months and if things work out, I’m going to purchase one more unit to fill in some gaps.

Hi, I recently decided to purchase a set of Zmodo systems due to a bunch of ongoing shenanigans in my neighborhood. This is my first time venture into the CCTV systems. . Everything is operating without a glitch! I wish all my installations have gone this easy. I’m going to give it another couple of months and if things work out, I’m going to purchase one more unit to fill in some gaps.

There are plenty of complete kits in the sub $200 range that work ok. And if you are happy with it, great. I had a Night Owl system, it was great for the price BUT after hanging out here and seeing what just a little more money could get, I promptly sent it back and got some stuff that is just so much more refined and well thought out.