NotSoSimple

No external main stream for Dahua/EYEsurv cam?

Installed an Dahua IPC-HFW2100 1.3 Mega Pixel IP IR Outdoor Bullet Security Camera yesterday. Works great when on my local network, works great on android cell phones.

However I head in to my office and have trouble. I can get to the web console and administer anything. I cannot see video when I click on Main or Sub Stream. However when I click on 'Set' and go to the video properties, it shows me the video perfectly. Thoughts on this?

Also, any tips on adjusting the motion alert? It seems to be incredibly sensitive to shadows no matter what I set (AntiDither @ 10 seconds and sensitivity at 6).

Yeah I have the ActiveX settings correct. I tested it on another external connection rather than my office, looks like it is being blocked. Does anyone know what the main/sub stream uses for port?

Also, any tips on getting better night time performance? Looking at the video on the resellers site of the night view looks nothing like my camera.

Your company is probably blocking RTSP protocol in general, changing ports won't help. Best bet may be to get a tethering plan on Android phone, and use that internet access to view your personal stuff the company is blocking. Or if you want to get creative, a) use a service that streams your video like ustream, b) install Red5 (red5.org) or Wowsa and convert the stream from RTSP to RTMP which is probably not blocked and view it as an flash.

If you want to see if rtmp is blocked, see if you can view this website from work - http://www.sundiegolive.com/ You should see San Diego bay with the city skyline in the background and it may take a few seconds for it to load.

I can see the skyline vid, so RTMP isn't being blocked but RTSP is. Interesting. What is confusing is I can see the darn preview under the 'Set' tab. In fact I am looking at it now and it looks great.

Edit: Ustream wont let you do IP Cameras anymore unless you buy the $599 version. So thats out. Qoqza is also paid.

Try BlueIris software. You can download a trial copy to see if it works. But you setup all your Dahua cameras on it and then you can view it from any browser, no RTSP, uses jpeg, java or activex depending on the broswer.

I will give that a shot. I have the PSS software that comes with the camera. It works on my work network. So confusing. Will try BlueIris.

I will give that a shot. I have the PSS software that comes with the camera. It works on my work network. So confusing. Will try BlueIris.

I have a similar issue with viewing the Dahua in "Web Service V3.0" but in my case, I'm able to view the Sub Stream, just not the Main Stream or the Preview (the one you ARE able to view). I'm guessing it may be a matter of streaming bandwidth? In your case, you can probably view the preview because the bandwidth it consumes is much lower than the Sub or Main stream — I'm just not certain what exactly is restricting it, the ISP? the camera? Let me know if you figuring anything out and I will do the same.

More than likely is my office firewall blocking it. I ended up using BlueIris and it works fine to view. Not ideal, since the image directly on the Web Service 3.0 is much better.

I didn't notice an image quality difference between the web interface and BlueIris. Also, tested with another 1080P Dahua camera in the same location, same circumstances and the recording was smooth. Not sure what happened when I first tested it, could be a camera firmware release difference.

I plan on using BlueIris when I get the cameras setup how I want so I can mix brands.