FATHERFORD

I need a lot of advice!

I picked up a bnc to vga adapter so I can bring the dvr monitor to the camera to help focusing. I used to have a handheld TV with composite video in for that but lost it somewhere. Beats a lot of walking to the dvr by a long shot and is even better than focusing with two people. Remember to either focus at night or cover the lens with welder's glass, a few folds of Mylar space blanket or whateverto open the iris. That'll narrow the depth of field so you can focus where you want at night. Daytime DOF and focus will be wider and less fussy.

199679_1.jpg

Fences. Gates. Guns.

This guy sounds absolutely awful. I have a bad neighbor, but it sounds like you've got the real prize-winner there. My condolences.

I really need to update this more.

With that said I was bored this past weekend and decided to use my old nightowl dvr and some cameras and see if I can get it working out in my barn... Success!

205809_1.jpg

205809_1.png

I have a NetGear R6300 located dead center in the house. In the barn I placed a Netgear WN2500RP wifi extender/bridge/switch dead center of my barn which is well over 300 ft away. I manage to still get decent signal, hooked up dvr to back of the WN2500RP, messed with the port forwarding on my R6300, then instant video on my cell.

Now I just need to buy even more cameras...

With that said, I have been very impressed with the CNB's.

I have both the WBL and WSL-20S and have been very impressed with them.

Also have two of the LDM-20S and very impressed with them also.

The VCM-24VF i'm not that impressed with... YET. I still need to fangle with it more.