Sign in to follow this  
crow

pelco spectra 3 questions

hi ive got a couple of these cameras and have a few questions adout the one that is ok

first my keyboard controller is one of these

http://www.adata.co.uk/Catalogue/ANALOG-CAMERAS/PROFESSIONAL-CAMERAS/PTZ-CAMERAS/PTZ-ACCESSORIES/Black-Keyboard-Controller-for-G3-PTZs-G3LITEKEYBOARD-SF

and there is slight differences to get into the camera menu e.c.t

pelco instructions say press 95 then preset

i have to press set then 95 then preset

also lots of other diferences when in the settings,not sure what i can do about this

also when i try to programe a scan (zones)from left to right pan

i set the left and then set the right

when i run the scan it doesnt go to the left fully that i programed and then will go to the right i programed ,then will go round to the right again (onto my house bricks)to my left limit i programed

am i doing somthing wrong

is the (zones) left and right suposed to pan fron left to right

hope you can understand its kind of hard to explain

cheers

1619572d-06f3-48c6-b5e0-9fde011b1b43_210x210.jpg.b2dcea333d92e55e042f2c2b453b95f9.jpg

I can't speak to the rest of your questions but is the correct Pelco 'P' protocol command for accessing the camera's menus.

hi thanks again for the reply

i have used qvis ptz cameras before and to access the menu you pressed preset then 95 and then you could use the joypad to scroll through the menues and even move joypad to the right to enter the sub menu

with my pelco spectra you can move the joypad up or down in the menu but cant move to the right to get into that particular menu,you have to press open

im getting used to it now

i managed to get the camera to stop at the left and right limit with scan limit stops

but im not sure if zones is a smooth scan from left and right like the qvis ptz i have used

the pelco seems to ramdomly stop inbetween the left and right limit

instead of a smooth left and right continuas movement

i set a patteren up as this is same as the qvis

i just need to find out how to get the camera to go from 1 stored preset to the other preset now

thanks for all your help

Here's a link to the Spectra III Operation/Programming Manual. http://www.global-download.schneider-electric.com/852575770039EC5E/all/CE3AEF235767FC3E852576380064099F/$File/c2487mb.pdf

From your description of the scan stopping randomly, I would guess you are running "Random Scan" mode (Preset 97). Try Frame Scan (Preset 98) and Auto Scan (Preset 99). Presets 92 and 93 set your Scan Limit Stops for Frame Scan.

Limit Stops can also be set in the menu:

"LIMIT STOPS

Limit stops are programmable stops that limit the pan range of the dome. There must be two limits, a left and a right, to define an area.

There are two types of limit stops:

MANUAL A manual (joystick) pan operation stops when a limit stop is reached.

SCAN The dome reverses direction during random, frame, or auto scanning when a limit stop is reached.

To set manual or scan stops:

1. Use the joystick to position the cursor beside SET MANUAL STOPS or SET SCAN STOPS.

2. Press Iris Open.

3. Follow the directions displayed on the monitor.

NOTE: For the manual or scan stops to work, the LIMIT STOPS setting must be ON.

To clear manual or scan stops:

1. Use the joystick to position the cursor beside CLEAR MANUAL STOPS or CLEAR SCAN STOPS.

2. Press Iris Open.

3. Follow the directions displayed on the monitor."

Also read about "Scan Speed", Zones and Patterns.

Be aware that continuous motion will shorten the life of the mechanical components of any PTZ.

hi survtech

ive just set the left and right scan stops and then set up left and right limit

it now scans from left to right and stops for a second inbetween the left and right scan for 2 or 3 times

this is a lot better

thanks for the instructions your a star