andrecctv

Lost admin. password.

Hi,

Got a DVR 2644S from CCTVshopping.com a few years back. Has been working flawlessly since. I realize that it is not a top end model but it does the job. Here’s my problem, somehow the administrator user/password is no longer accessible. Not sure if it was erased by mistake or simply disappeared. Can’t blame anybody else as I am the only user. I’m only left with a guest user/password that obviously won’t take me into the menu. The system came with default aa/11 user-password. I had removed it from the menu. Question, how can I default the system to its original aa/11 user-pass. So far, I’ve opened the case, found two reset button on the board, one next to the CPU and one on the SATA HDD interface board. I’ve tried both, no go. Did removed the battery, this only reset the clock to 01/01/00. I’ve ggogle, found a few suggestions but nothing that works. I’ve written the seller but still waiting for an answer. Anyone knows how to default ??? Maybe a specific sequence on start up ??? Thanks.

Check the settings menu if there is an option for factory reset.

If not you probably need to get ahold of the dvr mfg support they'll tell you what sequence of button will reset it most of the times its not going to be internal button rather some keypress combo on the dvr front buttons...