colin_85

Hunt HDR 16-MP - Harddrive Replacement

Hi, was wondering if any of you could help me?

I have recently acquired a hunt dvr, it came with no hard drives. I had an old 16gb and 80gb ide drive lying about the house, I have put them into the dvr and switched it on, it come up to the initialising hardrives screen but goes no further, Would there have been software on the original drives? Or the drives are formatted in Fat 32, would I have to format them in another format?

Thanks in advance

Colin Williamson

Does anyone know what type of file system the hunt dvr's use - Fat, Fat32, ext2, ext3 or ext4 or even NTFS but I think the DVR is too old for this?

Thanks

Colin

Hi Colin

There is a posibilty the DVR is not working to start with, have you formated the drives prior to installing? are your drives working?

Could be PSU is goosed on DVR so not enough juice to run HD properly

Good luck with it

Hi the power supply is ok and I have formatted the drives in both fat32 and ext2 & 3. To be honest I think it is the ide controller board. On the plus side without a hard drive you can still view the live streams and each of the 16 channels has the option to stream on an individual ip address, I am going to team it up with an old dual core laptop I have and install ispy recording software to capture each of these streams.