peter maina

on-bus serveillance and entertainment

Hello, I am looking for a system that uses mobile DVR to:

1 see the inside of a bus live via 3G

2 see the car location all day and the historical movement

3 Connect LCD for on-bus entertainment (Give details of how this works)

4 Download the video/audio to central server in the office when the bus gets back to the depot

Please note the following:

1 Its important to see the bus location at the same time see the inside video/audio

2 It is too expensive here to download video via 3G hence download should be via wifi only

3 3 G should be used for GPR,Live view,on bus entertainment and two way communication with the driver.

Tell me if your DVR has these spects and give me the cost

1. this all depends on 3g coverage, but even with decent coverage it will probably still lag.

2. there are plenty of GPS providers that offer real time tracking and there is probably some free or cheap tracking hardware/software you can buy to do this.

3. not sure what you are asking here....

4. pretty simple. put a wifi card in the PC/DVR unit and get the bus within range of the wifi and login and start downloading the files to the local network.

i really think you are asking for a lot out of the 3g card.

Hi Peter,

I have a bus operator in the UK who uses the CCTV system to record cameras and a codec board to generate On-board advertising that displays on 17" passenger screens.

The system uploads new advertising files and downloads CCTV footage via WiFi in the depot.

Do you want to link adverts to GPS locations? ie advert for McDonalds appears on screen 100 meters away from the next bus stop, which is outside a McDonalds outlet.

Do you want to provide AVL (vehicle location reporting)?

2-way driver communication can link throught the ticket machine (Wayfarer200 ETM)

What country is this application for?

Hi. lots of good units out there that do just what you need everfocus and avermedia.

as far as advertising this is best done on monitor. so pick a monitor that has SD or mem pen to display adds.

it is much easier to control if your ADD customers are late or bad payers