Sign in to follow this  
ron1021

audio editing.

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I have done a fair amount of reading on this forum. I do know that some systems make it harder to edit the video but is this completely impossible? My real question is can someone edit just the audio(and replace it with a new audio) to a cctv footage and compile the video and audio together and have it transferred back to the hardrive of the dvr system? It might take a lot of work but is it possible?

Hi. Footage taken from dvr can be altered but easy to detect as dvr will leave electronic signature or watermark which will tell you its been altered. As far as to alter then put footage back into dvr is yes impossible

can the entire dvr be wiped and made to copy the edited video/audio by disabling the camera(plugging the edited video/audio source into camera input) just curious? is this possible with analog recording?

thank you for replying. Could you please explain why " tomcctv" initially said no? Are you saying yes it is possible for analog systems or also for dvrs?

Another question" if camera's have audio functionality", do they have to have a second cable for audio transmission or are newer camera come with one cable(like a single tv audio/visual cable which transmit both audio and video using the same cable)