unsportsmanlike

I need help making an IP camera system

Well I am hearing from the inside Axis is cracking down on unauthorized web dealers. What this means for support I don't know

this has already started in the UK. axis used to help till there support team were not able to help distributors with jamed phone lines.

like many others now who with out a distribution number your call will be re routed to a premier rate phone line. and the cost of the call is to pay for the tech support.

also axis do like others have cameras comming out of china not autherised by axis which they will not support at all

so what are the axis items sold on ebay? are they basically items that could have be like b grade product that didnt meet axis standards? or products stolen from axis factories?

and you think if i have problems Axis will not help me out unless i pay?

how would i be able to tell if Axis will cover an item bought from ebay? where can i look for that distribution #? is there are a serial number on the camera?

thanks...

That may just be in the UK. I have not heard of people getting turned down or being asked to pay for support. For example, they won't replace or repair my M1011 that has a fried sensor because they know the camera is over 1 year old and out of warranty but they still respond to questions, they still are helpful, just won't RMA the camera.

What people sell on ebay is anyone's guess. I'm sure stolen goods are sold on eBay without anyone knowing. It's like anything else, buyer beware. If it's used equipment, it could be out of warranty and if it's refurb it's probably not warrantied by Axis. What I find on eBay occassionally is an integrator that bought a large lot from Axis to get special bid pricing and then had extra cameras and decided to dump them on eBay.

So I searched Axis contracts as I'm an authorized Axis partner. Given their rules below, any camera that is advertised below MSRP violates their partnership rules, any reseller selling exclusively on the web violates their rules. B&H therefore is not a good partner because they advertise below MSRP but has a brick and mortar store so it's not exclusive but maybe sells enough so Axis looks the other way, maybe they don't even look, who knows. A reseller does not have to be an Axis partner to buy or sell Axis cameras, only to get partner benefits. I can find no place that says that they won't warranty a product they manufacture because you didn't buy it from a partner.

•Partner will not exclusively sell Axis products on the Worldwide Web.

•In order to receive any benefits of being an Axis Partner, the Partner agrees not to advertise any Axis branded/sourced product on the Worldwide Web below MSRP.

So it's up to you, are you feeling lucky? Like I said before, I would find the lowest seller that appears legit.

Thats an awful lot of money to spend to just catch kids! I'd put something cheap like a Logitech Alert there pointed at the truck and see what happens.

Thats an awful lot of money to spend to just catch kids! I'd put something cheap like a Logitech Alert there pointed at the truck and see what happens.

Or a Rottweiler or Pit Bull (the dog, not the rapper).