riggz

Dahua HFW2100 PAL update to NTSC?

I purchased a couple Dahua HFW2100 NTSC cameras from an overseas seller and received PAL versions. The seller has given me a link to download General_IPC-HX2XXX_Eng_N_V2.100.0000.8.R.20120523.bin which should update it to NTSC. Is this possible or do I need to send them back?

Thanks.

I don't understand then, PAL & NTSC are video standards nothing to do with network standards. The camera sends video using RTSP to a frame rate and resolution you pick. I know their PAL cameras say 25 FPS vs. NTSC at 30 FPS but heck, you can chose from 1 FPS to the max, has nothing to do with video standards. My guess is maybe they limit the max FPS to 25 on the PAL version, so firmware would definately fix that.

BTW, the 1080P version of that camera has video out, so then I can see why you would want the right video standard for your locale so it works with a monitor you plug the camera into.

What does it possibly effect? I say plug it in (assuming the power adapter is 110VAC 60hz) and see what happens.

The theory is that Europe has 50hz power so their standard is 25 fps and the U.S. has 60hz power so 30fps and this dates back to analog days. On the Dahua, you can chose any FPS from 1-30 and I don't see any difference if I set my NTSC version to 25 FPS.

Well it seems to have worked. I used the config tool that came on the disc and upgraded the firmware. I am able to run 30fps and it says NTSC. Problem solved.