mccctv

Making a wireless CCTV system out of a wired cctv camera

Hey everone, so I have just ordered a standard CCTV dome camera on eBay along with video cables and a power source. Now, I went for a wired camera because I would like to have the option to go wired, but I am curious about how I could make this camera wireless. I have seen youtube videos where people take wireless kits, plug a wireless video converter of some sorts into the video output and then transmit that to their computer or something. Now I think I have a general understanding of how this would work, but if you could help to fully explain everything that would be required, the cost, and any low cost ways of going about this. Thanks so much, I know this is fairly vague.

They have kits that are usually 2.4ghz that you plug the camera into one piece and than the receiving part

into the DVR and it wirelessly transmits the image of the camera. Both pieces require power and have a

line of site limitation. Some are expensive and work better, but the ones under 100.00 usually work for a

short distance and not so well if walls are concrete or metal objects in the way. If at all possible, if you can

run a wire, spend the extra effort and do so, you'll be happier in the long run.

+ they need more or less clear raio space . If you have one or more old 2.4 wireless computer network near them, then you have problems. You can change chanells to some degree, but you cant have booth working optimal on max distances.