Sign in to follow this  
mbhsaz

Q-See IP Camera/NVR package

I came across this thread on the board and thought of re-posting it under IP/megapixel section. As a newbie I am interested in this value package. Has anyone tried this? Also, is it possible to add Dahua cameras e.g.: IPC-HDB3200C ??

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=31756

Yes and no. That NVR, if it's true that it's the 4 channel NVR can only handle 2 720P cameras (or 4 VGA cameras). The 8 channel supports 4 720P cameras. Dahua is on the brink of releasing the new NVR that can handle more HD cameras. So you could buy it, but adding more cameras may be a problem.

You can get those cameras in China for about $120-130 each. That NVR is about $200. A 1TB drive is about $100. Add shipping and that setup will cost you more than $499 in China. So it is a very good deal, just afraid it's not expandable because the NVR is out of steam at that point. It could be that you can lower frame rate in half to support the 4 cameras.

buellwinkle,

Appreciate your input. I thought it supports recording 4 1080p cameras at 30FPS each, the main reason why I was so interested in this NVR plus it has 4 built-in POE ports. Am I reading it correctly? Below is from Costco's product page.

HIGHLIGHTED FEATURES:

Full HD Recording Resolution: The 4 channel NVR captures video in real-time HD 1920x1080p resolution on all channels. Easily recognize people and objects at reasonable distances.

- HD 1080p Recording* Real-time: 120 FPS Total (30 FPS on Each Channel) *HD 1080p IP camera required

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11766186&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|1482&N=4000486&Mo=87&No=25&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=1482&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=

TIA

Then it's the updated one. The 4 channel can handle 1080P 4 cameras then. Ironically the 8 and 16 channel has the same limits for total FPS but can connect more cameras but at reduced frame rate. So pretty good deal, since that NVR would cost about $200ish on it's own in China, plus the 1TB hard drive and 2 cameras and Costco's return policy. Is that available in the stores or just online? i wish it was the 8 channel version though as 4 seems so limiting.

Yeah i noticed that on the dahua site (IPC-HFW2100). I wonder if i could wrap the camera in heat trace cable. Hmmm. Hey Buellwinkle, the software that you used first in the dahua cam review, I'm assuming is free NVR software provided by dahua?