Toaster

D1@30fps CBR 1536k, or D1@15fps CBR/VBR 2048k ? Better??????

Well what I'm trying to figure out is, my DVR is a Q-see QT528 which records D1 30fps across all 8 ch. So, I've always left it at the default CBR 1536k 30FPS D1 per ch, if I reduced it to say 15 fps D1, CBR 2048k (which is max CBR) would that improve the quality of the images recorded? Or VBR highest 2048k even?

FWIW, I've adjusted a couple of cameras with these changes. Set one for VBR HIGHEST 2048k and lowered it to 15fps, and another to 10fps CBR 2048k... I dont think there is a huge difference between 30fps and 15fps, and even 10fps... My DVR at home is 8ch 7.5 fps D1, but because I don't use all the ch's I'm able to increase the frame rate per ch to 12, and the video looks very good (smooth wise I'm talking about) and I as someone said on here (somewhere) you're not making a movie, ultimately your gathering evidence... don't get hung up on FPS.

After a few days I'll review the differences, but I'm a simple consumer, and I figured I'd ask you guys, the pro's who are in the know, and are much more familiar with the different scenario's.

Any input would be appreciated and beneficial to all (I think?)

THANKS

settings.jpg.601baa645c94003a3dad9774cfc86b7a.jpg