you're buying a $2000 vga network camera and you're worried about overspending on a poe injector????????? i can't see anything special about this camera that it should go for anything over $200, except for the name on the box.

The IP110 works on the 15w POE standard IEEE 802.3af so if the injector is the 15w standard you should have no issues... if its IEEE 802.3at...which is 25w you may have power issues..

Hope that helps

the camera works on 7.5 watts poe...14 if you have heaters....the injector you show...if fine its at 19w so if should work well... as far as cheaper... all depends on where you live if you can get it online and shipping... id check specs on all injectors and see what are all the prices... im sure you can find something that will work.

Just an FYI and something to think about. While the dome has heat and fans for regulating the cameras temp, make sure you take the same precautions for the POE injector itself. I have had three of them die this summer because of masssive overheating, one of them actually deformed the case a little bit!

Just an FYI and something to think about. While the dome has heat and fans for regulating the cameras temp, make sure you take the same precautions for the POE injector itself. I have had three of them die this summer because of masssive overheating, one of them actually deformed the case a little bit!

So would it be good to get the 19.? watt.

I think you missed my point entirely. If you are installing the POE injector outdoors, you will need to make sure it has the same environmental controls as the camera itself. 19 watts will be plenty, but again... think about where you are installing it and how you intend to keep it running at optimal levels.

I think you missed my point entirely. If you are installing the POE injector outdoors, you will need to make sure it has the same environmental controls as the camera itself. 19 watts will be plenty, but again... think about where you are installing it and how you intend to keep it running at optimal levels.

The injector will be installed next to the DVR into the back up power supply.