uxu

Under eave / soffit mounting bracket for a PTZ

I'm wondering if any of you have found a source for a under eave mounting plate/bracket designed for a PTZ installation. I have several very nice under eave locations around my house that are perfect for mounting cameras, but have not found a bracket. I'd rather not mount right on the vertical face of the vinyl siding.

In short, it would be a small plate with "ears" that I can secure into the soffit. I've hunted all over with just about every keyword I can think of, so I'm assuming that I'll need to build one myself.

Any hints would be great.

200598_1.jpg

I would bend a pole or use heavy threaded rod with a mounting plate and "pin it" right up in the apex of the roof. Then you only need one hole and it is a little easier to deal with.

That sounds interesting too - thanks for the hint. I still wonder if something maybe like this exists:

200630_1.jpg

The mounting foot would go under the soffit into plywood, and the pole would come out a single hole with the PTZ on the end. The blue dot indicates a hex head swivel joint.

Has anyone seen such an animal?

It would be VERY simple to just bend a steel pipe or a piece of rigid conduit to whatever angle you need and mount it up. I have even taken larger stuff (over 2 inches) to a muffler shop and had it bent by them to save myself from renting the tools. Just mock it up with a piece of cardboard and then take that cardboard and get it done.