Sign in to follow this  
PeteCress

Exacq Motion Detection/Recording?

Finally got it installed - albeit with only 1 camera allowed...

The instructions/blurbs seem to imply that motion detection/recording is automagic.

But it's not happening for me and my Sony SNC-CH260.

Might there be someplace in Exacq setup where I need to tell it how to recognize that the cam is throwing a motion detection event?.

(I *think* I've got the cam's motion detection set up..... but anything's possible at my current state of cluelessness)

When I setup my ACTi cameras, it used the motion detection settings I had setup on my cameras and started to work automagically. Did you turn on camera recordings? It's on this screen

200734_1.jpg

When I setup my ACTi cameras, it used the motion detection settings I had setup on my cameras and started to work automagically. Did you turn on camera recordings? It's on this screen...

I think so. Seems to look pretty much like yours: 200741_1.jpg

I wonder if recording is actually being done but I'm just not looking in the right place to see it.

I'm looking in [Drive]\2012\19\ and seeing a 2kb .psi file and a like-sized .ps file. Doubleclicking on the .ps opens up something called "exacqVision Media Player", but its TreeView says "No Available Cameras": 200741_2.jpg.

Is there a directory or a file whose size I can check to see if recordings are being saved?

Is there a directory or a file whose size I can check to see if recordings are being saved?

Well, now I'm seeing files in the directory mentioned... and able to view same... after setting the schedule to "Free Run".

Now to go back and see about motion detection...

In your first screenshot, where you can see your camera listed as Sony on the left hand tree view, click on the camera and it will open up a screen with your camera view, there you make all motion windows, recording times, name the camera, adjust camera settings, quick link direct to cameras web config, ect. You are just a single click away in your first screenshot.