Servian

Cameras are Dying

My cousin purchased a Samsung SDE-4001n dvr system at the beginning of last month. His father installed the cameras and I did the software configuration. So far 3 cameras have stopped sending video to the dvr. The first camera that went out I unplugged the camera from the cable and noticed some burn marks on the end of the cable connection. The first camera was mounted on the side of the roof (the Fascia area?) at the top of the house with the cable going over the roof to the other side of the house. The second camera was in a tree that swayed, third was mounted above the backdoor. The first 2 cameras may have died because of how the cable was ran, but the third one kind of puzzles me. I have yet to see how the connectors look on the second and third cameras.

When the first camera went out right before it did the image reverted upside down a couple of times and I think the color inverted once or twice as well. The second camera didn't record so I do not know what the footage looked like when it went out. The third camera the image

But can water damage the connection to where the cable plugs into the camera? Is there something wrong with the cameras or is the wires inside the cable getting damaged? My main concern is figuring out the reason why the cameras are dieing and not to continue to loose them if he decides to replace them and the cables.

I think, in this situation, some pictures of the camera and hook-ups may help. Any chance you can take some of the effected cameras and get back to us? What type of cameras and voltage do they require? What are you using for power to the cams?

Externally, Firstly, you should do 2 things to your power and video connections. Enclose then in a water resistant junction box (IP65 or better) and second cover the contacts with silicone grease or Electrolube or some such protecter. At a pinch WD 40 is better than nothing (But not brilliant).

200895_1.jpg

I'm going to say it is water dmg that has killed the cameras.

Looks like there is water vapor build up where the lens and the ir lights are at. So are these cameras not weather proof or is the condensation from the water getting into the plug?

The camera on the backdoor had water in the plug and was burnt as well.

The cameras use 12v and consume 2.2-2.6w

I would think there should be a warning notice or something that warns the connectors are not water proof .

1.thumb.jpg.f44b0ad0d1aa0ff4ce01db1826629930.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.5445b140f2053adf2f5350b2243997b4.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.7f2de99389c93593d20e87fab655e813.jpg