Sign in to follow this  
Numb-nuts

Technicolor 582n Router port forwarding

Can anyone who knows tell me how to define the dhcp range ob the Tecnicolor 582n routers? I know that normally you either have a user defined range with a preset range or you have the entire range and exclude specific addresses that you require to remain static on your LAN but I just can't figure out the method on a Tecnicolor routers.

Portforward.com isn't much help on this I'm afraid. I am having nightmares with this one.

200897_1.jpg

Thanks I'll have a look tomorrow when I return to that client. Its a nice router but frustratingly awkward to port forward.

I found out that to open a port you need to set the range from the number before to the number after so opening port 2020 the range would be 2019 to 2021. Work that one out?

it shuld not hurt, but you are reqired to oprn only one port. When connection is made, they change port anyway. But if you put DVR in DMZ, then all ports shuld be opened ( dont put computer in DMZ )

To test open port :

http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

for youre ruter :

Firewall

Your router includes a basic firewall. By default the security level is set to Standard mode. This will block incoming connections unless they are defined in Games and Application sharing. All outbound traffic is allowed.

You can change the security level, switch the firewall off or create your own custom security profiles by clicking Configure.

Port forwarding is in youre case called Game & Application sharing

This is where you can set up port-forwarding and control UPnP. Current port forwarding rules will be shown under Game or Application near the bottom of the page.

Use the task list at the bottom to edit entries or add new ones.

201347_1.jpg

To set up port forwarding for an application:

Click Create a new game or application at the bottom of the page.

Give your new rule a Name. You can use anything you like but it's generally a good idea to use a name that relates to the program the rule will apply to.

Make sure Manual Entry of Port Maps is selected and click Next.

Enter the port and protocol information for your application here and click Add.

If you need to add further rules you can do so now, otherwise click the Apply button further up the page.

Now you'll be back at the Game & Application Sharing menu. The final step is to tell your router which of your connected devices the rule should apply to.

Click Assign a game or application to a local network device.

Find the new rule you created in the Game or Application drop down box.

Use the Device box to choose the device this rule will apply to (This box contains a list of the computers that are visible on your network).

Finally click Add to apply the rule.

That's all you need to do, the port forward rule you've created will apply immediately.

I finally managed to get the ports opened and all talking thanks. what you show above is very interesting and I think works great for the Thompson range of routers too, as the software is about the same.

I'll read and absorb your comments again as I have more time to digest them but for now the DMZ pointer was a great help.

I also noticed that after assigning the port forwards to the DMZ they dissapear from the port forward schemes list. when this happens you can almost guearantee the ports are going to be proven open.

On my laptop I have a folder on the desktop I created I call it Port forward kit.

I have a link to my CMD screen, a link to 'whatsmyip.org' and a link to 'canyouseeme.org".

aswell as a link to portforward,com which I have to say I don't find a help a lot of the time.

Glad to help

when you put device in DMZ, you basically remove all NAT and firewall protection from it, so this method is very unsecure and dangerous for computers. I suggest you that you set up a proper firewall rules , when you will got time .

DMZ is only good for creating Honeypot computers ( a trap for wannabe hackers) .

Cracked it fellas, thanks for your input, also got my confidence back since after I proved the ports opened, everything after that went smoothly as usual. Thats quite good little router and fast too. I particularly like the ethrnet visual layout map it gives you. It even identified devices by their MAC address and you can change the names the devices are known as on the LAN. i.e. DVR1, DVR2, sales office printer, dispatch office printer etc. Great feature!

it shuld not hurt, but you are reqired to oprn only one port. When connection is made, they change port anyway. But if you put DVR in DMZ, then all ports shuld be opened ( dont put computer in DMZ )

To test open port :

http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

for youre ruter :

Firewall

Your router includes a basic firewall. By default the security level is set to Standard mode. This will block incoming connections unless they are defined in Games and Application sharing. All outbound traffic is allowed.

You can change the security level, switch the firewall off or create your own custom security profiles by clicking Configure.

Port forwarding is in youre case called Game & Application sharing

This is where you can set up port-forwarding and control UPnP. Current port forwarding rules will be shown under Game or Application near the bottom of the page.

Use the task list at the bottom to edit entries or add new ones.

201347_1.jpg

To set up port forwarding for an application:

Click Create a new game or application at the bottom of the page.

Give your new rule a Name. You can use anything you like but it's generally a good idea to use a name that relates to the program the rule will apply to.

Make sure Manual Entry of Port Maps is selected and click Next.

Enter the port and protocol information for your application here and click Add.

If you need to add further rules you can do so now, otherwise click the Apply button further up the page.

Now you'll be back at the Game & Application Sharing menu. The final step is to tell your router which of your connected devices the rule should apply to.

Click Assign a game or application to a local network device.

Find the new rule you created in the Game or Application drop down box.

Use the Device box to choose the device this rule will apply to (This box contains a list of the computers that are visible on your network).

Finally click Add to apply the rule.

That's all you need to do, the port forward rule you've created will apply immediately.

Thanks a lot guys, I've been struggling for a couple of days now getting my head around the same router, your walk through was spot on, I've opened the ports and can now see my cameras over 3g network. That feeling you get when everything works, I'm no techy but i persevered, thanks again fellas. " title="Applause" />

Thanks I'll have a look tomorrow when I return to that client. Its a nice router but frustratingly awkward to port forward.

I found out that to open a port you need to set the range from the number before to the number after so opening port 2020 the range would be 2019 to 2021. Work that one out?

This helped me understand how to open the port. " title="Applause" />

This helped me understand how to open the port. " title="Applause" />

(I know the feeling, it would never have occurred to me without someone telling me)

I'm so pleased you were able to benefit from this thread.