Sign in to follow this  
folgersoldier

Need help with an IPCHFW2100N and

Just got in today a dahua NVR3216 - p and a IPCHFW2100N. I can plug the camera into the NVR but it never shows up in the menu to autosearch and the NVR seems to default to the default IP address of the camera 192.168.1.108. I never get the ports on the back of the NVR to light up either (the POE ports). Unfortunately I don't have a seperate power supply to test the camera directly on the network. Am I MIssing something or should I have been able to plug the camera into the NVR and had everything autodetect? Anybody got some bulletproof startup steps for this thing.

Sounds like the port's not recognizing that it's plugged in. I'd try a different cable, if you haven't already.

Next step would be a different POE camera or a POE tester to see if the port works, or plugging your cam into a POE switch.

Just a little update. I got a power supply for the camera today and hooked it into the regular network and have managed to get it set up on the NVR that way. Still need to know if there is a way I need to configure the NVR to enable those ports on the back correctly or if they are non functional. Did try using another cable no luck there and I don't own a poe injector or another IP camera unfortunately. Still waiting on tech support to call me back from the vendor

Well, it sounds like the camera works, but if the camera's POE port doesn't handshake with the switch, it'll never power up, so it's still not a definitive test.

Here's a simple, inexpensive $17 POE tester. If you're going to do a lot of POE work, it may not be a bad thing to have on hand, but it's really just a go/no go tester.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Microsemi-PoE-Tester-PD-Tester-/380461273723?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item589542527b

Another update:

The vendor is working with Dahua and have replicated the problem on their new shipment of units. Supposedly gonna be a software fix (in the NVR it appears), and it sounds like it might be ready. I'll let you know how it works out. I might pick up the tester later, this is really the only poe device I have. I was thinking though it would be nice later to just find a small touchscreen that runs off POE and mount an interface in the house where you could bring up cameras if you heard something outside etc, but nothing id be looking at doing right now.

Try going to Main Menu -> Setting -> Network -> Network Setting, and find Switch Setting. You need to make sure the NVR IP address is in a different tier from this Switch IP (10.1.1.1 as default). Basically once you plug the IP camera in the POE port, the NVR will automatically detects the camera, but it won't show up on your search list right away. What it does is that it will change your IP camera's IP address according to the Switch IP tier even if you have it set up to be Static IP.

For example, even if your IP camera is set as 192.168.1.108, the POE port on this NVR3216-P will force your IP camera to change its IP address to be 10.1.1.65. And it will be automatically assigned to the first available empty channel. If you have multiple IP cameras to be connected on the POE ports, please try to connect them up one after another. If the first one is not up and you connect the second one, sometimes it doesn't work. Just my experience.

Hope this helps.

Yeah,

It was the firmware issue. They resolved that. Kind of disappointed that we keep having to go to the distributor for firmware updates though, should have access to that straight from dahua. Like the Iphone app is not updated for the NVR3216 and they dont respond to any questions I send them