Numb-nuts

Why is the Credit card terminal blocking the internet

My client has a single telephone line and uses it for broadband, telephone and (YIPES) their credit card terminal.

When the CC terminal is running, the broadband won't. I had a panic phone call the other night that the CMS wasn't connecting to the shop. After pinging their public IP from home, I discovered it wasn't online. They then relized they'd left the CC terminal plugged in . We all know that CC clearing often contact the terminals during the night to update their security.

I know that there is a microfilter in line but is there a way for these services to co habit the same telephone line?

Have had the same problems on a few business systems

as you say the CC terminal polls at night and updates

Spoke to BT and the CC terminal company and got nowhere on it left with clients to sort it out

Have had the same problems on a few business systems

as you say the CC terminal polls at night and updates

Spoke to BT and the CC terminal company and got nowhere on it left with clients to sort it out

Yeah I agree that it's NOT my responsibility, and I have explained the options to my client and they accepted that as the problem existed with their broadband before I installed so they know it's not my fault.

This customer are such nice people that I wanted to see if I could find a solution for them. The option I have left them with is a choice to live with the problem or get a dedicated line for the terminal.