pal251

Outdoor dome camera mounting problem

I am replacing a dome camera that someone else mounted. (Actually 2). Both seemed to have went out in the last week. They are ICrealtime el750w dome cameras that are mounted on the wall via an arm. They are nice looking cameras but I can get a CNB with wall mount for less than $250.

Problem is on one of the installs the person put the connection in an junction box then hooked up the flexibile gray conduit to it and ran it about 3 feet around a gutter and around the side of the building, then drilled a hole into the arm for the wall mount and siliconed the conduit to it. It does not look very good at all.

I plan on placing a weather proof junction box next to the wall mount then hooking a small extension going from the junction box through the small hole in the bottom of the junction box.

Should be Wall mount then small extension cable for video and power then weatherproof junction box that has conduit going around corner to other junction box.

Other idea would be to find a dome camera that I can hook a conduit straight into or mount the camera onto the front of a weatherproof junction box granted I can find one big enough.