pentafive

Dahua IPC-HFW2100 Reset Button

I got my new IPC-HFW2100 last week. Love the camera, but hate the location of the reset button. It is on the back and yes it will reset the camera to factory defaults if you push and hold it in.

My thoughts are to cover it up and to place the camera in a place where it isn't easy to get to. Has anyone else done anything to workaround this?

IMG_20120915_143318.jpg.e7802524417f8082188f925367706c20.jpg

White sticker over the top of it or white ducktape . IDK

I'm interesting in buying this camera. How do you like it so far?

Once you get it installed could you do some day and night shots

I just bought four of these and an NVR. My distributor had a kit sale so I picked on up for a future job. I'll get them out of my truck and see if mine has

that same reset button. That was a poor design IMO. It was a good idea to make it accessible once the camera is mounted, but at least put it behind

a cover or something. I guess they were thinking if you can reach the camera to hit the button, you can also reach it to take it down so what is the

security risk?

On a second note, my dealer told me, you MUST sync the camera and NVR to your pc and they must have the same exact times. Also, you MUST enable

DST in the NVR so the time of the camera stays the same as the NVR otherwise, playback freezes up if the time is different between the two devices.

201658_1.jpg