dronevicz

"cannot find all Argus devices" NV5000 driver errors

Can anyone tell me what these errors mean? Platform is Avermedia NV5000 Hybrid capture card, 4ch cameras, Windows XP SP3, DVR Server Software version (7.1.0.0027) and driver version 5.0.7.007. I get these errors when starting the DVR server: "cannot find all Argus devices", "capture card initillization error", ID Error (0x00). When I look in the device manager in windows there are 2 or 3 video capture drivers with yellow marks on them? I can manually remove and reinstall the drivers and then the DVR server will start fine? IF the computer gets shutdown or restared locally or in the remote console the device drivers will fail again and I cant get the DVR software to start until I manually reinstall them? The original versions of software and drivers that came on the CD never did this? Can somebody tell me if there is a solution or special driver version I need? Thank you very much in advance?

I see you already have XP, I had this problem with Win 7, had to go back to xp.

Try uninstalling/reinstalling, or uninstall/reinstall with the latest software from aver.

I just retired an XP system with an NV5000 running 7.7.0.0125, and it worked fine. No problems, good long-term stability.

I also just installed an NV6240 on Win7 using the latest software from Aver's site (7.9.0.0029), and it's working fine as well.