Jasper

Need Opinion on Extreme CCTV WZ46-B5VA4 B&W for BAR

I would like opinions on the following: I am thinking of installing 4 of these:

Extreme CCTV WZ46-B5VA4 B&W, 1/3'', 570 TVL, Varifocal, 4-9mm, Auto-Iris, Surface Mount

http://www.wizkidoptotech.com/products/index.cfm?img=12&area=2

(Had bad link to wrong specs, corrected now)

The idea is to cover then entire surface area of a bar. The direction of the cameras will be as follows:

\ Toward middle of bar / far end counter top \ front end counter top / toward inside of bar

And should I be looking for the 2.6-5.8 or is the 4-9mm lens better for this purpose?

I need to use domes due to a low ceiling. A large wood barrier is in the middle of the bar, thus 4 cameras. I already replaced the ceiling fans with surface mount diffused lights.

Here are a couple of photos to give you an idea of the application. (Thanks Rory)

Bar%20prelim%20cam%201%20angle.jpg

Bar%20perlim%20cam%202%20view.jpg

Edited by Guest

These pictures were taken after closing. There is some more light on the other side of the bar than the photos show. Unfortunately at the time of the photos there was no one there to show me the location of the switch. My main goal is to record all activities behind the bar and be able to see all the entire bar counter.

I am not trying to pickup anything beyond the surface of the bar and beind the bar. They only want to see transactions between the customers and the bartenders, not anything else outside that area.

That is the reason for 4 domes instead of 2. The other 2 domes are primarily to see the ends of the bar.

Although thinking more about the ends of the bar I realized I will be observing the bartenders from the rear, rather than the front or side like the other 2 cameras. Thus some funny business can still take place without the camera catching it. Yikes…

The alternative might be two mount a couple of bullet camera’s high outside the bar area pointed down to see the bartender from the front. Although that area is a false ceiling, Jeez Louise…

Maybe I need a fisheye lens There has to be a better way and I just can’t see it.

4 cameras seems excessive, but that is the only way I can figure to insure full countertop coverage.