my boss thinks having a higher mega pixel cameras provide much clarity than cameras with lower pixel.

on our design for the company he says we should not go below 2 MP , according to my survey , areas such as door entrance or camera facing loading bay we do not require higher pixelated cameras because the field of view is not required is less than the resolution of 2MP can provide , in any case if we choose 2MP cameras , when configuring the camera to record on the server , these cameras will still record at 1.3MP or even lower than tat..am right ?right?

my boss thinks having a higher mega pixel cameras provide much clarity than cameras with lower pixel.

your boss is right.

if we choose 2MP cameras , when configuring the camera to record on the server , these cameras will still record at 1.3MP or even lower than tat..am right ?right?

that depends on the nvr software.

Most MP cameras will let you set the stream resolution lower than max, and you can then record that. Likewise, some NVRs will let you record at lower resolution than the camera is putting out, while others just record what they get from the camera.

Some cameras, when you lower the resolution, reduce the field of view as well. My Areconts do this - going from 5MP to 2MP reduces the view size, rather than keeping the same view with fewer pixels. This is essentially a digital zoom.

My Vivoteks allow you to set both the view size and the image resolution, so you can emulate the Arecont style if you want, or show the full view at a lower resolution.

I only use megapixels cameras, indoors or out. I even stopped using analog TV's and threw out my VCR, 8-Track and all my floppy disks although I still have my mood ring and pet rock, I think those can only go up in value.

Its a keeper, I rely on it daily to tell me what my mood is, otherwise I wouldn't know. My wife even has records and bought a record player, but I don't think she knows how to work it and asks me why doesn't it display the name of the song. It's hilarious looking, made to look like and old antique record player my grandmother may have owned as a child. They should make analog surveillance cameras that look like old time cameras like this -

old-time-camera.jpg