SmashTheControls

Looking for a NVR for 4 cam setup to deply @50+ locations

I'm an end-user looking to deploy a cookie-cutter NVR solution that could eventually be deployed to roughly 100 locations. The cameras will be outdoors and used to monitor for copper theft, diesel theft and access logging. The locations are unmanned and remote. The NVR will be stand-alone and locally record video continuously (30+ days) with the option to timestamp motion detection. Access to the NVR will be over a private fiber or microwave radio ethernet network. Each NVR will be "head-less" and preferably rack-mount. They will typically support two or four cameras. The cameras will be PoE 1-3MP. The NVR (or through a cam) will need to take a relay input for IR motion detection or door entry (via mag switch). Since the NVR will be on a private network it will have no internet access and will need to alert via SNMP or a relay output.

Due to the large amount of cameras that would be purchased I'm looking at more economical makers such as Acti or Arecont.

I want to minimize the motion detection false alerts so the easiest solution seems to be to use IR motion detectors rather than software based detection.

I have the experience to spec and build the NVR computer, then install the NVR software (like Geovision or ?). In that situation I would require software that does not have any re-occurring registration fees.

Can anyone think of any manufacturers that make NVRs that could fit my requests? Cost-wise, I'd like to keep the NVR price below $2,000. I have not had the best of luck with any local security professional dealers but am open to any internet dealers provided they permit our corporate payment methods.

Thanks for any assistance!

I'm an end-user looking to deploy a cookie-cutter NVR solution that could eventually be deployed to roughly 100 locations. The cameras will be outdoors and used to monitor for copper theft, diesel theft and access logging. The locations are unmanned and remote. The NVR will be stand-alone and locally record video continuously (30+ days) with the option to timestamp motion detection. Access to the NVR will be over a private fiber or microwave radio ethernet network. Each NVR will be "head-less" and preferably rack-mount. They will typically support two or four cameras. The cameras will be PoE 1-3MP. The NVR (or through a cam) will need to take a relay input for IR motion detection or door entry (via mag switch). Since the NVR will be on a private network it will have no internet access and will need to alert via SNMP or a relay output.

Due to the large amount of cameras that would be purchased I'm looking at more economical makers such as Acti or Arecont.

I want to minimize the motion detection false alerts so the easiest solution seems to be to use IR motion detectors rather than software based detection.

I have the experience to spec and build the NVR computer, then install the NVR software (like Geovision or ?). In that situation I would require software that does not have any re-occurring registration fees.

Can anyone think of any manufacturers that make NVRs that could fit my requests? Cost-wise, I'd like to keep the NVR price below $2,000. I have not had the best of luck with any local security professional dealers but am open to any internet dealers provided they permit our corporate payment methods.

Thanks for any assistance!

I was going to suggest Avigilon

but u will need I/O (for hard wire trigger)

and then pricing

u kinda little low with budget

also depend how easy u want to browse your recording from 50 locations

lots of people spend hours

with Avigilon minutes

I would use mini headless ITX or simular

load LIc and I/O and u done

you can go standalone for fairly low-cost, although features like remote alerting/snmp might be hard to come by. if you want something more robust, and substantially more flexible, take a look at this: http://www.3xlogic.com/prod/983/mvr-series-micro-video-recorder.

i don't see it right now, but i know this has been available with an internal five-port poe switch, so you just plug the cameras straight into it.

video can be accessed via remote client, and because it's a windows pc at the core, you can get *full* control of the system via rdp, vnc, logmein, or any number of other remote-desktop/remote-support systems. you can use vigil vcm (vigil central management) app to monitor health of systems and cameras and alert you of camera outages or connections being down, and any number of snmp agents or even just windows' own snmp support.

for cameras, you can look at dahua - there are some good models at very good prices that are compatible with vigil (depending on how suitable they are for your particular needs).

and then pricing

Pricing is based on the need to deploy them at so many locations. Once we can somewhat standardize a setup it will be copied as many times as needed. The cheaper, the more that can be deployed.

The $2,000 budget is strictly for the NVR unit. It does not include anything else like cams, PoE switches, etc. I figure with only a few minor requirements the cost per should not need to be somewhere like $5,000. It's not like I need some very sophisticated analytics.

The main thing is the ability to continuously record and then provide some type of remote alerting on motion that does not rely on mail or text (due to the private lan). If the NVR can close an output I can easily timestamp that. I no longer need to have the NVR software timestamp within.

msrp for the 4-cam vigil mvr is about $1900... couple hundred less if you go with the cube case (mvr is nice because it can run directly on 12vdc, handy if you need to deploy with non-grid power). vigil does give you the option for analytics, as well as many other features, if you ever need them.

vigil does its own motion detection, vs. relying on the camera, so you can configure it to record constantly, with separate on-motion and on-alarm record options. for example, you could have a camera record at 1fps constantly, and kick up to 10fps if it detects motion, or if the analytics triggers an alert, or on external alarm input. all these options can be set to operate on a schedule as well.

The Vigil units look promising. I'll have to browse the manual to see how well it will meet my alarm input and SNMP needs. I'm going to presume it supports recognizing the camera's on-board input contact(s).

and then pricing

Pricing is based on the need to deploy them at so many locations. Once we can somewhat standardize a setup it will be copied as many times as needed. The cheaper, the more that can be deployed.

The $2,000 budget is strictly for the NVR unit. It does not include anything else like cams, PoE switches, etc. I figure with only a few minor requirements the cost per should not need to be somewhere like $5,000. It's not like I need some very sophisticated analytics.

The main thing is the ability to continuously record and then provide some type of remote alerting on motion that does not rely on mail or text (due to the private lan). If the NVR can close an output I can easily timestamp that. I no longer need to have the NVR software timestamp within.

that different story

for about $2000

u can have mini comp

soft lic and I/O board

u should try both suggestions

Avigilon and 3Xlogic

have a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHblcmmCdhg&feature=share&list=ULXHblcmmCdhg