kerwinso

cannot access the dvr using hostname on eagle eyes

Here are cctv and network specs:

1. KPD677 8ch Avtech dvr- setup to static ip on my router

2. Sapido GR-1222 router- configured no-ip as ddns server

I can access my dvr using my hostname gomktg.no-ip.biz when using a web browser. The problem is I cannot access the dvr when I use eagle eyes for mobile devices, or video viewer on mac and pc. I need to use the external ip address before I can access it using the client. I've checked the problem with the dealer, and online. It seems my settings are correct, or did I miss anything? Hope someone can help me here. Thanks!

I would think you need to open up a port in the router to match the viewing port for mobile devices.

I think my dvr has 3 ports to view.

One for web one for mobile and one for software

Hi Ron! Just wondering, how can I open another port for mobile and software if I have set my dvr to a single port(85) only? Can you please explain further? Thanks!

Looking at their manual if I was looking at the correct manual, it looks like expanding the NAT section and selecting "Visual Server" is where you would go to add other ports to open. Or just go to the place you opened the port 85 you already opened and you should be able to open more the same way you did.

Here is the manual I looked at

http://www.sapidotech.com/download/usermanual/gr1102/en/GR-1102_English_UM_v1.0.pdf

Just past page 107

If that is yours, then you should be able to open more ports there.

Don't know of that router, but,,,,,,,,,

I would think that you should have the following ports to open:

HTTP

Command

Media

Mobile

Most generally they are already defaulted in the DVR software in the NET section. Write those down and then port forward all of them in the router.

Dennis