Grego1

New Dahua NVR system questions

After going through this forum and a number of searches for an adequate system for my home, I finally settled on an 8 channel Dahua NVR with a 2TB drive. 2 cam so far and more will be ordered as time requires. My question is this, Ii saw a thread here on pin hole cams that are mounted in a small tube; Extreme Low light Pinhole Lipstick Bullet Camera Exview.0003 lux ex-view 4.3mm. Can these cams because of the bnc connector, be used/adapted to be used with a VDR which uses different connectors? Are there others like this for low light that can be obtained?

if you have an nvr (*network* video recorder) then you need either ip cameras, or ip encoders to 'convert' the analog (bnc) video to a network stream. the cameras and encoders must also be supported by the nvr.

I'd like to know what type/brand cameras others have been happy with out there that have NVR's. I need it for a range of 50', back lit streets at night and normal daytime lighting. I would also like to see the faces of the bastards tearing up my neighborhood. Recommendations?

Price is not an issue but reasonably priced cams would be preferred.

I would say any of the Dahua 1.3mp IP cameras or higher would work fine for what you want. There are no bad models when

it comes to Dahua IP megapixels.

A pinhole 4.3mm b&w exview won't give you faces at 50' but it is a good choice for a clandestine non-IR night vision camera chipset. I've never seen a digital IP version though, so you'll need either an analog DVR or IP encoder to go with your NVR. Two cameras would be better. A 4.3mm pinhole for a wide view of what's going on and maybe a 12 or 16 peeking out of a birdhouse to help with ID. It sounds like you want something invisible from the street. They generally aren't high-detail cameras though. If you've got good lighting at night, a 1.3 or 2MP IP camera with wide dynamic range would give you much better detail while zoomed back. The B&W exview will perform in extremely low light levels though.