Sign in to follow this  
dsheli

Trouble with Dahua IPC-HFW2100 and Xprotect Go

Hey Guys,

Just got my Dahua 1.3 mini bullet in the mail and cant be more impressed. However I can't get Xprotect to recognize the camera. I have tried both the Universal and Onvif driver, is their a trick I am missing?

Thanks,

David

When I tested Xprotect Essential it automagically detected the HFW2100 using RTSP and some strange port number (not the standard 554). However, the stream does not work - it connects and disconnects about every 1 or 2 seconds, so basically incompatible and unusable.

In another post I mention trying to get firmware upgrades and empiresecurity (where I purchased mine from) basically said they (Dahua) don't like end users upgrading firmware because supposedly it's too difficult and/or they've had too many people "brick" them. They prefer doing the firmware upgrade themselves (you have to provide them access to your camera). Personally, I find this a little suspicious. People should be able to upgrade their own firmware. But that's another issue and I've already veered off the original topic of this thread. Sorry.

But long story short, I have not been able to get Milestone to reliably work with the HFW2100. If anyone has been successful, I would love to know as well.

Yea that's what I thought. Does anyone have a good recommendation on some good Dahua NVR software to run on a headless server? I know blue iris is an option.

Also I have downloaded the latest hardware pack for milestone and am running xprotect go version 2.1a

Thanks,

David

I am able to connect using Xprotect Go by turning off audio connection on it.

Give that a try.

You're connecting through RTSP?

Ditto on the firmware upgrade. I tried it on two cameras, one worked fine, one was bricked and sent back to China.

The best software I tested with Dahua is NVR+. Get it from Linovision, runs about $20 per camera. Get the USB license stick version, then you can change cameras at will. Without it, you have to get a specific license key to each camera. Change it and you pay $20 for a new license key. It works well with Dahua, but not much else so I would only recomend this choice if you have 100% Dahua cameras. You can download the software and try it. It never expires except it shuts down every 2 hours to prevent you from getting too much use out of it unless you have a valid license key. They also have smartphone apps.

Also, I've had good luck with BlueIris, $50, supports a wide range of cameras. At first I had issues with one camera getting jittery video recordings, but they came out with a software update and since then, on all Dahua cameras I've tested it with work great. They've improved their software from when I first used it. They have timeline views now so aid in finding recordings. No smartphone apps, but can be used with ANY browser, so you can view the cameras on your smartphone browser.

I am able to connect using Xprotect Go by turning off audio connection on it.

Give that a try.

You're connecting through RTSP?

I let it auto detect via the Express detection method, and Xprotect detects camera as ONVIF compliant camera. Just make sure you uncheck the audio portion. Also make sure the camera substream is set to MJPEG and D1 on the camera Web Service.

Well I did all those things and am still having trouble getting Xprotect to find the camera. Could you divulge any other details that might be causing a problem?

David

Well I did all those things and am still having trouble getting Xprotect to find the camera. Could you divulge any other details that might be causing a problem?

David

Assuming the camera is on the same subnet and all, and auto detect still doesn't work, have you tried manually adding it to XProtect?

Subnet was the problem! I am running multiple Vlans and had some trouble with inter vlan routing.

David

Hi, I am having the same issues. I tried the same settings and did not get it to find them. I do have them on the same network. If anyone could add any input, that would be fantastic!