dexjel1405

Port Forwarding in IP Camera

Good day guys! I know this is such a silly question but i want to give it a shot. I'm trying to create a surveillance application using IP Camera (AVN314/304). I can already view its live stream via its IP address and port ( but not yet in my application) but is it important to port forward the IP Camera? I mean it's just connected in a hub ( not directly in a router ). Does it affect anything if I don't port forward it? Just need some advice guys. Thanks!

Port forwarding would be used if you want to view the camera from outside your internal network, and in this case it doesn't sound like you need that..so no. As long as you can 'see' it your application should be good to go.

Good day guys! I know this is such a silly question but i want to give it a shot. I'm trying to create a surveillance application using IP Camera (AVN314/304). I can already view its live stream via its IP address and port (but not yet in my application ) but is it important to port forward the IP Camera? I mean it's just connected in a hub ( not directly in a router ). Does it affect anything if I don't port forward it? Just need some advice guys. Thanks!

Where is your application running? If it's running on a device on your internal network (i.e., 192.168.1.xx) and it can't see the camera, then that's a problem unrelated to port forwarding. If your application is running on a device that is outside of your internal network (i.e., 98.168.5.xx) and it can't see the camera, then you need to make sure on your router you have the camera's port redirected (or forwarded) to the internal IP address of the camera.

If you are viewing the feed on your local router connection or direct connection to your computer you wont need to port forward.

If you want remote access then you will need to open the port www.portforward.com has instructions.

the RTSP feed for the AVN series is : rtsp://:@/live/h264

also try

rtsp://IP:port/live/MJPEG

htp://IP:Port/cgi-bin/guest/Video.cgi?media=MJPEG