d0n

Rolling squiggly lines in display - see video - suggestions?

Hi folks, We've had some crime around here recently so I bought a sony evid70c, a tinted dome and hung it on the peak of my roof. Since the camera is on the opposite end of the house and a different floor as my office, I use the standard sony remote with an RF extender to control the PTZ functions. The coaxial cable is of good quality, 100 feet long with BNC connectors (& BNC to RCA) on each end. I'm connecting the camera directly to my 32" Vizio TV via a composite RCA video input.

I love the setup. It's light years beyond the X10 stuff I was using. " title="Applause" />

The problem that you can plainly see is that I have these 2 annoying squiggly blocks of lines that slowly roll through the picture constantly.What can I do to get rid of these lines and have a good picture?

Video link http://tinypic.com/r/14waav5/6

The lines that your referring to are called hum bars and are caused by electrical interferince. its possible that the power source that your camera is using has an open ground or some sort of issue I'd try a different source. I had a camera do the same thing and I found that once I removed the camera from the metal building it was attached to it worked perfectly. Best of luck.

Where did you power the camera from?

If you ran it from where the TV is located then check what voltage is left at camera end and try powering as close to camera as possible.

Have you tried a patch lead connected to the camera and test beside it?