Sign in to follow this  
don_b

Q-See High Definition 720p 2 Pack IP Cameras

Hello guys,

I am new to this forum.

I recently moved into a new home and is looking to install a 2 or 4 camera security system.

I am a big fan of costco and saw these

http://www.costco.com/Q-See-High-Definition-720p-2-Pack-IP-Cameras.product.100003461.html

Since these cameras are PoE IP based I am wondering if can use these cameras with a 3rd party software?

These description does say that Use as

Stand Alone System or Integrate with Q-See NVR (Costco Item# 673454)

However a customer in the review says that he was forced to use the cameras with the software that came along with it.

I am wondering if this is truly the case. Other people have given good / decent reviews?

Can these camera's be directly connected to a switch/router and access through my home PC with a 3rd party recording software (other than Q-see)?

Hello guys,

I am new to this forum.

I recently moved into a new home and is looking to install a 2 or 4 camera security system.

I am a big fan of costco and saw these

http://www.costco.com/Q-See-High-Definition-720p-2-Pack-IP-Cameras.product.100003461.html

Since these cameras are PoE IP based I am wondering if can use these cameras with a 3rd party software?

These description does say that Use as

Stand Alone System or Integrate with Q-See NVR (Costco Item# 673454)

However a customer in the review says that he was forced to use the cameras with the software that came along with it.

I am wondering if this is truly the case. Other people have given good / decent reviews?

Can these camera's be directly connected to a switch/router and access through my home PC with a 3rd party recording software (other than Q-see)?

These are essentially Dahua cameras, they should work just fine with 3rd party software. as long as you provide power to the cameras, through poe or 12v which it should have a connector for, you can connect them to switch.