rwx

PTZ Recommendation

I am helping a friend with a security system, and he wants to add two PTZ cameras, one to view a boat pier, the other to catch license plates of vehicles exiting the property. This is a vacation home, so most of the work with the PTZ will be over the internet.

The pier camera needs to have a minimum of 90mm zoom for a 1/3" chip. The PTZ feature will probably not be used that much.

The license plate camera camera would need a minimum of 40mm zoom to catch the plate of someone exiting. This will give a 6' wide field of view at 50' for a 1/3" chip, which looks like would work OK for plate recognition -- more zoom would be better. Vehicles exiting the property have to pass through a gate, and will probably be going relatively slow. PTZ is desired by my friend so he can make minor corrections via the internet.

I feature two different ones in my videos. I like them both a lot. However, please contact me via youtube as the newest one that I purchased for my employer cannot be spoken of here even in private messages. Maybe the videos featuring them will help you get an idea.