Sign in to follow this  
don_b

NVR and Router Multiplexer and Splitter

I moved into a new home and the home has Cat5e cabling done from my On-Q box in my master closet to all rooms in my home.

next to my On-Q box, I have a Frontier / verizon FIOS wireless router that gets internet from a ONT device that frontier installed in my garage.

I recently purchased a Q-See 4channel NVR + 4 security camera system from Costco and I am waiting for it to Arrive.

what I was thinking to do is instead of using the supplied 100ft cables, I make use of the existing cabling done by my builder in home.

So , lets say I install a camera next to my front door, I route the cat5 cable from my camera to the nearest bedroom that has a female jack and make use of the cat5e cable that runs from that bedroom to the on-q box . from on the on-q box, I connect the cable to the NVR.

However, I would like to know if there exists multiplexer-demultiplexer devices?? that I could use to multiplex/demux the cat5e cable (non-PoE) signals coming out of the router port and the signals coming from the NVR (PoE) and a similar setup at the camera end where I could use a mux/demux.

I have a schematic of what I intend to achieve.

If someone could tell me if this is all possible, that would be great.

NVRsetup.jpg.6eca81d300c95c11d38cbd0af2334a4d.jpg

I am going to try with the following setup and will let you guys know if this works.

I have ordered http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003C2QS90/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

i will put a pair of this ( 1 on the wall plate in my bedroom and 1 next to the on-q box) .

it seems like it will work because, 1 ethernet connection uses only 2 pairs . Also, I researched PoE and that too uses only 2 pairs in which the power is transmitted over the data lines (MODE A - PoE). If the Q-see box is power over the Ports in Mode A, this setup might just work..

will keep you posted.

thanks

hi. noit will not work with the amazon part.

can you tell us what system you have you call it a q-see dvr and the NVR.

we need to know if your analog or ip.

why do you think it will not work?

it is a Q-see NVR and is IP based. the cameras are PoE powered.